Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Song Featuring My Self Esteem

"I am wrecked, I am overblown.
I'm also fed up with the common cold.

But I just hate to say goodbye
To all the metaphors and lies

That have taken me years to come up with...


Says it's true; say you like me
(I like you)
Just for the night, for me it's been eternity.

And as I gently sip this drink
I think about my lack of future
And all the places I could learn to fall in love.


I know I shouldn't waste my time

Wishing I'd been better designed,

Yet for some reason still think


I am wrecked, I am overblown.

I'm also fed up with the fucking common cold.

When I want to feel alive

For the first time in my life

I just want to feel attractive today...
"

- Motion City Soundtrack

As the next installment of my Me-Soundtrack, I think it's pretty self explanatory, though one of the reasons I chose this song to represent my self-image qualms is because I connect it to the friend who first played it for me; not due to the lyrics really, but due to the memories I have of amazing conversations with my Skeletal Structure sister(you know who you are!).

Self esteem issues in a young adult American female!!?!
Wtf?!



Attractive Today - Motion City Soundtrack

No comments: