Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ominous Cards

I did a tarot reading for myself last night...
The ring, the coffin, the sun, the key, the book, the child, the road.
The ring means a relationship (friend or romantic). The coffin means illness. The sun mean positivity and optimism. The key means answers. The book means the unknown. The child means a child. The road means a trip or a metaphorical journey.
I put the reading to mean that trouble in a relationship will be overcome. The process of overcoming that trouble will answer some sort of question I have regarding a new journey I'm on (I think in the metaphorical sense rather than the literal sense).
There are several possibilities I foresee this involving; the most obvious being something going awry but then being fixed in my relationship. The slightly less obvious involves one of my closest friends in the history of my life and a lot of trouble they are going through, and how it will affect me...

Okay, it's not quite an ominous card reading, as it seems like things will turn out well. But whenever the ring and coffin are together, I get worried; I've had some very terrible experiences with that pairing.
I need to not focus on it, I think... which means it will be all I can think about now.

No comments: